FORUMS: list search recent posts

replace source media?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
al ellis
replace source media?
on May 6, 2014 at 8:49:46 pm

Hi i'm finishing a film project on smoke 2013, I'm new to smoke on mac but used to use linux years ago but have'nt touched it in a few years. I've already conformed the ungraded material and gotten started with some text, fx and overlay stuff while the projects gone off to resolve for grade. My plan is to reconform the graded stuff and edit chunks of that back into the chunks of the movie which dont require any fx etc. and for those sections that do reqire fx/online that ive already started on, timeline soft fx and some connect fx, i plan to replace the source media with the graded stuff. All good?...
...so wheres the button for replace source media gone? it used to be between the source record monitors.
Also is there a quick way of doing this without going through unlink/relink hell or worse, scripting hell?
This workflow must come up all the time and what i'm planning feels like a workaround, any magic bullets out there?
thanks al

Return to posts index

Ken LaRue
Re: replace source media?
on May 8, 2014 at 1:35:35 pm

Hi Al,

You can right click on the sequence in the library and go to the media fly out, chose unlink media and confirm this action. Then with that sequence open go to the conform tab and click on the “Set Search Location” and navigate to the folder where the new media is and click the set button. If the media is in multiple folders near each other navigate the top hierarchy of the folders and click the scan subdirectories option, Smoke will scan the folders and find the media once dine click the set button and return to the conform tab. If your media is located in folders that are not near each other do this for each folder where your media is. All the media should show a green check mark indicating that it has found the media. Last step is to right click on anyone of the linked media and choose link all matched media and that should do it. This is assuming the newly graded media has the same name but it that is not the case you can use different “Match Criteria” option to find the media.

Ken LaRue
Autodesk Smoke Technical Marketing Manager

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
on May 8, 2014 at 4:48:17 pm

Hi,

If you are looking for the replace media button in the UI, it is still there to the right of the Timeline interface.

On the left you will see the insert, overwrite and replace buttons. They are icons but they still perform the functions as quick as you did in the past. You could also use the replace hotkey.

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

Ken LaRue
on May 8, 2014 at 5:46:59 pm

Thanks Grant, I think I misunderstood the question. With that said the process of unlinking/relinking media through the conform tab is so much fasted and easier than the method in older version of Linux Smoke.

Ken LaRue
Autodesk Smoke Technical Marketing Manager

Return to posts index

al ellis
on May 9, 2014 at 9:19:15 am

cheers guys, I'll use a mixture of both.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]