FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mapping video channels and audio channels

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burrell
Mapping video channels and audio channels
on Jan 13, 2014 at 4:01:48 pm

I have a couple of audio questions.

1. How do I tell smoke what channel to put audio on when I drag a clip in from the viewer? Right now, if I put video on channel 1, it puts the audio on channel 1 and 2, but if I put a clip on video channel 2, then it still puts the audio on channel 1 and 2, and overwrites any audio that is there. How do I tell it that Video 2 audio goes to audio channels 3 and 4, or any other channel that I want it to go to? Right now I Have to place it on an empty part of the timeline, manually move the tracks, and then move them where I want them.

2. How do I just drag video (without the audio tracks) out of the viewer? Or, once I have set my ins and outs, what is the best way to just bring video into my timeline (for b-roll, etc.)?

Thanks.

Daniel Burrell

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Mapping video channels and audio channels
on Jan 13, 2014 at 4:45:11 pm

1. it would be best to use the audio patching green/red A1-A2 icons on the record seq. and use Insert/overwrite editorial functions instead of drag and drop if your edit is that complex.

2. you can lock the audio channels on the rec seq. then you can drag just the video down or use insert/overwrite.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]