FORUMS: list search recent posts

compositing techniques - start studying again

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Ordiner
compositing techniques - start studying again
on Dec 9, 2013 at 9:58:13 am

Greetings to all,
I've not found any "compositing" section in the tree of forum, so I posted here... If I'm wrong please tell me.

Anyway, I'm looking for a sotware to start studying again compositing.
Allow me to explain better.
In these days I work primally as an editor. I use mostly Fcpx for editing and Motion for titles, basic graphics, etc...
But now I want to bring back my studies of compositing and start again.

I'm not interested in 3D world (at least for now), but I'm looking instead for a sotware that allow me some video retouch - such as object removal, re-light, 2D greenscreen compositing and so on.

When I began to study I used AE for all of this things, but now I asked myself if could be a better solution for my goal.

So, AE - Smoke - Nuke - and so on. Could you suggest me one instead of another to study 2D compositing?
These are all great instruments with pro and cons, and I was looking for someone with more experience who could give me a hint

Compositing techniques are obviously a collection of software-indepentent skills, but I would like to focus from the beginning on a program software / workflow

Thanks and best regards
Alex Ordiner

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: compositing techniques - start studying again
on Dec 10, 2013 at 6:55:00 pm

Eyeon Digital Fusion , Nuke or Smoke.
It really doesnt matter.
Fusion is the easiest to learn, Nuke is the most flexible one and Smoke adds great delivery capabilities.
Today, if you wanna be on the ever fading market , you need to use Nuke to get a ticket to the movies.
Fusion is outdated, AE is cumbersome and SMoke is a one man show in most cases.

A slice of color...

Resolve 10.0.0.073 , Smoke 2013 EXT
Colorist / VFX / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Alex Ordiner
Re: compositing techniques - start studying again
on Dec 17, 2013 at 7:59:16 am

thanks Sascha for your comparison,
Al least for now, I'm not interested in working in the film industry.

The great things about Smoke is the "all in one" workflow. So, I am increasingly convinced that it is the right choice.

And about AE, what do you mean with "cumbersome"? The workflow or the software itself?

Thanks again
Alex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]