FORUMS: list search recent posts

click and drag to select in timeline

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burrell
click and drag to select in timeline
on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:45:44 pm

In the timeline, when I try to click and drag to select multiple items, it just creates a gap clip and moves that around, so to select multiple things, I end up having to do a shift or command click to select each piece individually. Is there a button that you can hold down that will allow you to click and drag to select multiple items?

Daniel Burrell

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: click and drag to select in timeline
on Nov 18, 2013 at 6:30:20 pm

In the Options menu of the Timneline (bottom of UI) Make sure that Selection includes GAPS is not checked. That should help when you box select clips.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Daniel Burrell
on Nov 18, 2013 at 7:55:06 pm

That was already unchecked, but that wasn't the issue. When I click and drag anywhere on the timeline, unless it is before first clip in the timeline, as soon as I click down the mouse button on an empty area, it creates a gap clip in that spot, and then drags that gap clip around. I cannot click and drag, or box select anything in the middle of my timeline. I have to start before the first clip in the timeline, or else it creates the gap effect and that's all my mouse is moving.

so maybe my question is, how do I box select clips, or is there a way to make it not automatically create a gap effect on any empty space that I click on.

Return to posts index

Daniel Burrell
on Nov 18, 2013 at 7:58:17 pm

I went into the keystroke setup and figured it out, you hold down "w" and click and drag.

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Nov 18, 2013 at 7:58:33 pm

Hold down W and drag from the top left to the bottom right to make a box

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved