FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving keyframes and master node controll

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burrell
Moving keyframes and master node controll
on Nov 15, 2013 at 9:24:18 pm

Two quick questions, hopefully pretty simple, that I wanted to get in before the weekend.

How do I go about moving keyframes, or deleting a keyframe once it has been made, either in CFX or in the main timeline? I can see the light blue line that marks the keyframe, but I have trouble deleting them, or adjusting them, and I usually end up just deleting the effect and starting over. I feel like i'm just missing something pretty basic.

Second, I can't seem to find a master control for a node in ConnectFX. I am specifically talking about the damage node, but I haven't seen it on others either. By this, I am talking about a way to control the entire effect, not just individual part of it, but if I wanted to start with an effect at full power and a few seconds into a clip, reduce it, or take it away completely.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Daniel Burrell

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Moving keyframes and master node controll
on Nov 15, 2013 at 9:31:37 pm

The easiest way to work with your keyframes is to go in to the editor of the effect and look at the Animation Channel editor.

There you can easily delete or move keyframe.
Here is a little blog about it.
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/keyframing-in-smoke-the-channel-editor/

The damage node effects are lots of little effects combined together, so there isn't an over all effect slider. The easiest way to do what you want with any effect is to take a clean version of you clip and the output of your effect node and run them through the Blend & Comp node.

Set you clean clip as BACK(Green) and you effected output as FRONT1(Red) then you can adjust the transparency of the blend value in the B&C node to do what you want.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Daniel Burrell
on Nov 15, 2013 at 9:39:38 pm

Awesome, thank you so much for responding so quickly. I've got a long weekend ahead of me, so I was worried that I might have posted too late on a Friday. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again.

Daniel Burrell

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Nov 15, 2013 at 11:48:11 pm

Also, if you have a big connect fx tree with lots of nodes you can slip the entire tree easily by turning it into a Connect FX clip and then slipping the connect fx clip. Select all the nodes, right click and make a connect fx clip and then use the timing tab in connect fx to slip the entire clip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]