FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting matte passes from connect fx?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Bolton
exporting matte passes from connect fx?
on Nov 5, 2013 at 6:34:27 am

I need to export some comps with matte passes to hand to another artist. We can't add an extra output in connect fx like we can in batch. I had to render each pass twice for front and matte and then export separately.

is there any better way of exporting front and matte from a connect fx in one render pass?

-
Freelance: Flame - Smoke - Resolve - Nuke - VFX Supervision
Owner / Director: CoreMelt Plugins

Return to posts index

Chris Rainey
Re: exporting matte passes from connect fx?
on Nov 5, 2013 at 3:32:14 pm

I think this is what you are looking for. Tip courtesy of BKM...

From his forum post...

5. Once you exit the Modular Keyer your MK node has a result and matte outputs. Pipe those in the CFX result and you will create a CFXa clip. Marrying the front and alpha.
6. Exit CFX.
7. Right click on Clip and COMMITT>COMMITT CFX -- this will render and create a Matte container clip, however, it will wipe out your raw CFX effect so I suggest you make a copy of the seqence before doing the commit process.
8. Once rendered you can close the seqence and export the clip as a Prores 4444. Since it is a Matte container the alpha will be embeded.

if you want to check you key along the way you can do that by pipeingina background clip in to the Modular Keyer node or by placing a clip below the CFX clip on the timeline. You may need to add an AXIS effect to the CFXa on the timeline to activate the alpha and Key.
From memory I think that will get you there. Let me know if you have any issues along the way.

Full forum can be found here...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/General-Discussion/Newbie-question/m-p/446057...

Hope this helps.
Chris

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: exporting matte passes from connect fx?
on Nov 5, 2013 at 3:45:05 pm

Pipe the Matte of you effect in tothe BFX Matte input. This will make it a BFXa clip.

Back on the timeline.. you can render. And AXIS effect may be added automatically to show you the key over another layer.

After render right click and Commit BFX - You might want to make a copy of the clip first as the commit will destroy editablity.

When you commit the clip it will become a matte container. You can then export the matte container as a QT with Alpha with any codec that supports alpha.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]