FORUMS: list search recent posts

where is replace / relink media ? (not conform)

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Bolton
where is replace / relink media ? (not conform)
on Oct 9, 2013 at 11:46:23 pm

Search of google and docs isnt finding the answer to this. how do you tell smoke 2013 the new location if someone moves a bunch of clips that are soft linked?

I'm aware during conform there is relink options, I mean just clips on the desktop not clips in an XML / EDL.

Return to posts index

Chris Rainey
Re: where is replace / relink media ? (not conform)
on Oct 10, 2013 at 4:39:18 pm

Hi Roger,

I have asked this question as well before but to no avail. I have however, stumbled on to this video blog...

http://www.smoketutorials.com/smoke-tutorials-quick-tip-reveal-footage-loca...

He details how to find the path of the clip that smoke is looking for. This may be of some help at least.

Hope you get the answer we are looking for.

Return to posts index

Brooks Tomlinson
Re: where is replace / relink media ? (not conform)
on Oct 11, 2013 at 1:10:53 am

Ha, I just had this problem yesterday! I had to reorganize my folders, and smoke lost all my media.

From what I can tell, the process is a pain in the butt. So much so that you want to avoid moving your media at all cost.

Here is what I did.

I found out that there is no a hard link between media in the library and media in a timeline by trial an error. Unlike other programs (like after effects for example). So you can delete your media from the library, and it will stay perfectly in your timeline (I.E it doesn't remove the clips from your timeline)

I deleted all the old clips, and dragged them back in.

Then I had to conform the sequence. (it can be a pain) (set you search area)

but i could match frame, and revel source just fine.

for simple whoops, and moved media it is a pain. But when you are doing a conform, the process is great.

I would love if Robert would chime in on the best way to relink media. I don't know if that is the best, or correct method, but it worked.

Hope that helps.

Brooks Tomlinson
"I dream in 32bit float"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]