FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the Logic OP Node?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Desmond Ford
What is the Logic OP Node?
on Oct 9, 2013 at 2:05:15 pm

What is the purpose of the Logic Op Node? What is it used for?

Also, is there a reference manual that describes in depth what each individual node in teh cfx or action does?]

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: What is the Logic OP Node?
on Oct 9, 2013 at 2:12:21 pm

+I have a blog over t Premiumbeat.com and there are several articles there that explain the nodes in depth.
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/

It looks like I skipped Logic Ops however.

The Logic OP Node can accept a front/back/matte input. You can perform Logical Math blending operations. Add, Subtract, Multiply... and much more complex math. But basically blend modes and simple composite of A over B with a matte if needed.

I tend to commonly use it to alter matte clips so that I can combine various mattes together and create new mattes through different blendings.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
Re: What is the Logic OP Node?
on Oct 9, 2013 at 3:54:23 pm

Brian's blog is a great resource. Very concise, and full of information on how you'd actually use the various nodes in production.

There is also the Smoke manual, that can be viewed online or downloaded as a pdf. This has stuff that Brian hasn't yet gotten around to covering :) and is also very in-depth and good. Just ignore the occasional strange looking blue-grey interface screengrabs!

I use Logic Ops all the time, it's one of my goto nodes when we're in a creative session.

Joel Osis has a video showing how he uses them during color grading:

http://joelosis.com/color-grading-techniques/

Best,
Sandeep.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]