FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change/set duration of a picture in Smoke 2013

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burrell
Change/set duration of a picture in Smoke 2013
on Jul 24, 2013 at 8:58:51 pm

I am currently working in Smoke 2013 Extension 1. I have a series of graphics that I have received from a client, as well as a couple that I made myself in Fireworks. All of the files are .png, and all of them have transparent backgrounds, with the alpha channel included in the file. I have gotten them imported into my library through mediahub, with a matte container so that it doesn't separate the alpha channel. When I bring them in and look at them in the library, they all have a small film strip next to them. When I bring them into my timeline, they all come in at 1 frame long and have no transparency. I will eventually be taking them into action and creating a composite (which I have never done before in Smoke, but I have watched tutorials), but right now I am just trying to make them long enough to work with. I can use the Trim tool to make them longer, but it will only let me make them a few seconds long. Did I do something wrong with the import, or is there another way to import them so that they aren't seen as Video, but graphics, and can I change their default or maximum duration?

Thanks.

Daniel

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Change/set duration of a picture in Smoke 2013
on Jul 24, 2013 at 9:02:23 pm

You can set a IN/Out in your sequence and with no IN/out on the source clip just fit to fill overwrite. It will then be as long as the in/out duration.

The film strip says that it's a Seq or multilayer clip.

When you place it on the timeline... you need to add an AXIS effect to key it. Just adding it will make the alpha work. When you use them in CFX.. they will work fine.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Daniel Burrell
Re: Change/set duration of a picture in Smoke 2013
on Jul 24, 2013 at 9:13:53 pm

Thank you so much for your quick response. Works perfectly now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]