I have posted a new 9 part video series dealing with CGI compositing on a live video background.
This series takes you from the beginning to end of a compositing example which involves compositing CGI render passes on a live video background.
There is quite a lot covered in each video and definitely worth the watch to see how Smoke works in this situation and how the tools can benefit you greatly.
The 9 videos are broken down into the following:
• Working with Different Colour Spaces
• Compositing the First Beauty Pass
• Build a Render Pass for the CGI Smoke
• Post Blurring with Motion Vector Data
• Creating Motion Vector Data in Smoke
• Combining the Render Passes
• Enhancing the Composite Look with Action
• Converting to Video Colour Space