FORUMS: list search recent posts

color shift on export

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith mottram
color shift on export
on May 1, 2013 at 2:35:10 pm

I just outputted to ProResHQ full HD and there is a massive colour shift. Do I need to set something up in the render to move it from rec709 to RBG or something? this is for web delivery... I am used to bonkers quicktime issues, but this is a massive shift from what I am seeing on my calibrated monitor (not broadcast, but wide gammut monitor calibrated with xrite)

keith mottram

Return to posts index

David Jahns
Re: color shift on export
on May 1, 2013 at 2:59:58 pm

There may or may not have been a color shift - it might be whatever your using to view the quicktime, and whether or not it's using ColorSync.

Try a couple of things:

1) Re-import your ProResHQ file into Smoke and compare it against your original. if it matches, then it's probably a Color Sync issue
2) Open ProResHQ in QT Pro 7, with "Enable FCP Compatibility" checked to see that better matches your original. (This bypasses ColorSync.)
3) Export an RGB Uncompressed file for comparison. Re-Import to Smoke and compare against original and ProRes Export.

As you said, there's quite a few bonkers quicktime issues - and you haven't even done the h264 encode yet! Isn't web delivery fun?

David Jahns
---
Joint Editorial
Portland, OR

Return to posts index

keith mottram
Re: color shift on export
on May 1, 2013 at 4:13:01 pm

Thanks David, will do these tests, but if it is a colorsync issue and it looks right in QTpro with Enable FCP what can be done to remove the colorsync shift? And yes H264 is a whole other ball game, but this is by far a bigger problem currently...

Keith

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]