FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke 2013 automatically placing keyframes, can't delete keyframes, autokey is off

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burrell
Smoke 2013 automatically placing keyframes, can't delete keyframes, autokey is off
on Apr 30, 2013 at 1:55:00 pm

I am placing effects in the timeline, in this case it was the colour correct effect. When i make my first color correction it's fine, but if I make an adjustment at some other point in the timeline, it places a keyframe, even with autokey off. And I cannot figure out how to delete these keyframes. Sometimes I can see them on the timeline, but when I enter the effects editor, it doesn't show the keyframes there. And, sometimes when I can see the keyframes in the effects editor, and I place the timeline at the keyframe and click on delete keyframe, it doesn't do anything. So, my question is, why is it placing keyframes in the first place, and how do I delete keyframes from the timeline? Right now I have been writing down my parameters, deleting the effect, and adding a new one with the scrub bar at the beginning of the clip, and manually entering my parameters, but that is not an acceptable solution for longer projects. Thanks for any help you can give.

Daniel Burrell
Light Productions
Little Rock, AR

Return to posts index

David Jahns
Re: Smoke 2013 automatically placing keyframes, can't delete keyframes, autokey is off
on Apr 30, 2013 at 5:21:02 pm

I feel your pain!!

This is a bug in Smoke that has driven me nuts for at least a year (I started using 2012 version just over a year ago).

For some reason, the CC effect in the timeline has a weird bug, where it auto-keys when you don't want it to. It doesn't do it when you step into the module editor, but for those quick corrects you do from the timeline, it adds auto-keys.

Here's the workaround - when you add a CC effect at the timeline, immediately turn auto-key ON, then OFF, and now it will not set key frames from the timeline.

Weird, and terribly annoying, but it works for me. I complained about this a year ago, and was terribly surprised it was not fixed in the 2013 version... Maybe in SP3??

David Jahns
---
Joint Editorial
Portland, OR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]