FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to specifically set Context 1 and Context 2?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Bowser
Is there a way to specifically set Context 1 and Context 2?
on Mar 18, 2013 at 10:13:25 pm

I've found when working on comps that sometimes I like to set a Context downstream so I can see what my comp is looking like, and then also set a context to whatever the node is that I'm working on so that I can toggle easily back and forth between the two. The problem is, whenever I set a new Context, Smoke/Flame seems to want to swap which is Context 1 and Context 2, so that I have to jump way down to the end of my comp and reset it the way that it just was.

I was wondering, rather than just holding the "-" (minus) key and clicking a node to set a context, is there a way to more specifically set "Context 1" or "Context 2" so those things quit swapping on me?

On a slightly related note, I've found that on the machine I'm working on right now, using the FCP Hotkeys setup, my Ctrl-1 and Ctrl-2 shortcuts don't work to switch the views to Context 1 and 2. The Ctrl key still works for other functions, but doesn't want to function for this keyboard shortcut. Anyone else had this issue?

Return to posts index

Joel Osis
Re: Is there a way to specifically set Context 1 and Context 2?
on Mar 19, 2013 at 10:24:04 am

It could be more elegant but you get used to it, besides the minus click there is also the right click option

w: http://www.joelosis.com
e info@joelosis.com

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
Re: Is there a way to specifically set Context 1 and Context 2?
on Mar 19, 2013 at 11:29:35 pm

Hi Dustin,

You need top go into the MAC preferences and turn off all the Apple "bonuses" that remap all the keys to apple functions.

Its a nightmare as it knocks out other applications keyboard shortcuts as well as Smoke.

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]