FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke 2013 only exporting partial videos

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burrell
Smoke 2013 only exporting partial videos
on Mar 14, 2013 at 6:20:49 pm

I am trying to export from smoke, and I can only export partial videos. The status bar at the bottom runs through a bunch of stuff, and then my video is exported very quickly, but only 13 seconds of a 1 minute 15 second video is exported. I had problems exporting in the past, and somebody from autodesk logged in to my computer and fixed something with backburner. I can go that same route to fix this if necessary, but wanted to see if anybody else was having the same issues and had a fix for it.


Return to posts index

Martin Gaumond
Re: Smoke 2013 only exporting partial videos
on Mar 15, 2013 at 1:20:13 pm

Could it be that the playhead was not at the end of the timeline?
I've had that happen and I would select everything in the timeline and put the playhead at the very end.

Maybe?


Return to posts index

Daniel Burrell
Re: Smoke 2013 only exporting partial videos
on Mar 15, 2013 at 2:01:00 pm

Nope, I just tried that and it didn't work. Every time I export it seems to get shorter and shorter, and have more problems in the exported video (jittery, jumpy, etc.) Thanks for the tip though, once I get it fixed, I will remember that in case it starts happening again.


Return to posts index


Howard McCabe
Re: Smoke 2013 only exporting partial videos
on May 18, 2013 at 1:34:51 am

Has anyone had this problem and figured out how to fix it? I am trying to export a :30 spot and only :04 clips.
Thanks
Howard


Return to posts index

Howard McCabe
Re: Smoke 2013 only exporting partial videos
on May 18, 2013 at 1:52:17 am

Daniel did you ever get this worked out?


Return to posts index

Daniel Burrell
Re: Smoke 2013 only exporting partial videos
on May 28, 2013 at 8:11:57 pm

Sorry for the late response. Had a baby a couple of weeks ago, so i've been out of pocket for a bit. Short answer, yes, I did get it worked out, but it wasn't something that I could fix myself. I put in a service request and they had to log in to my system remotely to fix the problem. It was an issue with backburner, and it took quite a while to get fixed, I think it took about 5 or 6 hours total, over 3 or 4 days to get it working properly, but the guy that was helping me also said that he had never had this problem before, so hopefully he made notes and they will be able to fix it quicker with the next person. It wasn't a difficult fix, it seemed that the difficulty was in finding what exactly needed to be fixed. But, it's fixed now and I haven't had any issues with it since then.


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]