FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke 2013 Restoring Archive

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
derina doorley
Smoke 2013 Restoring Archive
on Feb 19, 2013 at 4:06:10 pm

Hi,
After archiving a project in Smoke 2013, I try to restore it in a new Project but I'm told that the project already exists. I purposely did not call my Archive the project name but when i try and restore it in the new Project it is called just that,the name of the old Project. Also I want to restore it and make sure it's all there before I delete the original project. What is my work around?

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
Re: Smoke 2013 Restoring Archive
on Feb 20, 2013 at 2:05:01 pm

Hi Derina,

If you did a Project Archive and the old project still exists on your system than you will NOT be able to make a project archive. The rule is that you cannot have two projects on the same system with the same name. That is why you are seeing the error.

However, if you want to check some of the work, you can do a selection restore instead.

Just open the archive in a new (temporary project for testing). Instead of clicking the restore project, you can open the contents of the archive, and drag the clips over to the media library.

You can than click restore and Smoke will restore the media from your selection.

Once the media has restored and you have double checked it, you can delete the original project and restore the archive again if you choose.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]