FORUMS: list search recent posts

Paint Brushes keep going offline in the Paint Node

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Bowser
Paint Brushes keep going offline in the Paint Node
on Jan 30, 2013 at 9:49:39 pm

I've got an issue with a comp I'm currently working on where it seems that my Brushes keep disappearing from my paint nodes, and therefore all the painting that I've done vanishes.

This was an issue yesterday as well, and restarting Smoke fixed it, but today the app was opened up fresh and the brush is offline.

Attached is a photo to show what I see in the paint node when all of my paint strokes seem to have disappeared.

Any idea where to look to get those things reconnected back up? Or thoughts of why it would be doing that?

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
Re: Paint Brushes keep going offline in the Paint Node
on Jan 30, 2013 at 10:39:58 pm

Not sure why that is happening and I have not seen that before.

Is there anyway you can lock down some rep steps so I can replicate it and report it to the team?

Many thanks!

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
on Jan 30, 2013 at 11:49:28 pm

I'm not sure what order of things has been causing it, but I'll try and keep an eye out. I just did a full computer reboot and launched Smoke and the brushes are back, for now....

I can also send you my CFX setup if it would help to see if anything is set up particularly crazy.

I've also noticed that I'm getting some really slow load times on some of these nodes. When I try to jump into the CFX Schematic from the Timeline, it will hang there and say that it's loading one of the nodes, usually a .gmask node or a .correct node, and it will beach ball and load for 5-7 minutes.

*****Also, I spoke too soon. All my brushes are offline again...

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
on Jan 31, 2013 at 12:48:06 am

I posted about this problem yesterday, but am having the same issue and assume that it is probably also related to the paint brushes being offline -- but I'm also getting some kind of corruption in my Sources.

Here is an example of how I have a sky background, and then all of the sudden is glitched out and corrupted.

This was happening both to my Foreground and Background sources. Originally these files were being read off of a SAN, but I thought perhaps it was a malfunction within the network, so I copied the files locally, created a fresh CFX clip and then imported the saved setup and repatched to the new local sources.

The Source Corruption and the Paint Node Brush vanishing are all still there...

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
on Jan 31, 2013 at 10:53:56 am

Hi Dustin,

Are you able to send me a direct message via Twitter, YouTube or Autodesk AREA and we can touchbase.

I would like to get these setups and samples from you to test.

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]