FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to loop a piece of footage?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Bowser
Is it possible to loop a piece of footage?
on Jan 29, 2013 at 6:47:56 pm

I have a grain layer that I would like to endlessly loop and composite over my footage. I played around with the timewarp and Mux nodes, hoping there would be a loop timing type of option, but couldn't find anything. Is there a way to loop a piece of footage without having to duplicate it manually and render out?

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Is it possible to loop a piece of footage?
on Jan 29, 2013 at 6:51:56 pm

Use the MUX node. Activate the FX Range and set the frames if needed. Then under the bottom popup buttons... set the START and or END to LOOP.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
on Jan 29, 2013 at 7:08:23 pm

Oh awesome! Can't believe I didn't see that. Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response as well.

I wanted to ask another question, figure I'd ask here so I don't create too many threads....

There is a Gmask node in my CFX setup that seems to make the loading of the entire setup take forever. It's one specific node that it keeps hanging on, and it takes the machine a good 5-7 minutes to load the setup. What's weird is there isn't really anything too fancy even going on. Just some really basic garbage masking with a few masks. I was wondering if there is anything to look into to see what may be hanging it up -- or is that just normal?

One thing I was going to try right now is just saving the Gmask, dragging in a fresh node and loading it up. Perhaps there is something specifically in that node that got weird.

Is it possible to 'swap' nodes with some kind of key command? Like hold a modifier and the nodes swap and all the connections re-pipe themselves?

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Jan 29, 2013 at 7:32:31 pm

Not that I know of...as far as node replaceing. You canhold down shift and grag a node up and as you cross over lines you can release shift and drop it down and it wil auto connect.

I would try and save the gmask setup and reload it in a new node and see if that helps.. that does sound odd.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]