FORUMS: list search recent posts

Discrete Left/Right Output for Stereoscopic Project

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Bellias
Discrete Left/Right Output for Stereoscopic Project
on Nov 18, 2012 at 12:37:53 am

I've been testing prerelease 5 for some stereoscopic work. Is it possible to get seperate left and right eye outputs out of the Kona 3 outputs? I can only see analog and interleaved in the broadcast monitor output settings and viewer settings.

Also, it looks to me that comping layers in the timeline does not work properly when you are in a 3D timeline. If you put 2 3D clips on top of each other on the timeline and scale the top clip to 50% of it size or transparency, you do not see the track underneath. You just see black. This same setup works correctly when dealing with 2D clips on a 2D timeline.

George Bellias
Jade Productions
http://www.jadeproductionsla.com

Return to posts index

julien didierjean
Re: Discrete Left/Right Output for Stereoscopic Project
on Nov 21, 2012 at 6:20:06 pm

Hello Georges,

Here are a few things to check that the stereo timeline works well:

- Be sure to create effectively "Stereo Video tracks" not Stereo versions (these don't Comp each other)

- Be sure to be in Preview Effects (in the Option of our player)

- Be sure to display Stereo in Anaglyph for example (not Blend or Difference, which are used for specific tasks but not necessarily viewing an effect)

Now for the output, if you want to output 2 discrete video outputs, then, after your editing is done (in a stereo timeline) you can copy your sequence, then use the tool "Stereo 3D Clip" in "Tools->Utilities menu, but choosing the option to "Split Stereo Track" instead of "Create Stereo Track". It will create 2 separate clips Left and Right for you to output.

Hope this helps.

JUlien

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]