FORUMS: list search recent posts

fail to open project

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andi no
fail to open project
on Nov 15, 2012 at 2:27:49 am

I use pr5, when i was working a project suddenly the smoke got crashed and it freeze the OS. So i restart the os , but since then, the project can not be open anymore, when loading that project, it will always crash when it's loading the clips (status -> EDITDESK : loading clips). Fyi smoke will load normally if i load another project or new one.

This is only test project, but in case this is a real project then it will be a disaster. So, in this case, what the solution ? can the project be recovered ? any idea to anticipate this in future ? any simple and handy backuping system ? i'm thinking of creating a new project and re-import (transfer) the clips from the fail (or offline) project , but this feature seems not to be available yet, am i right?

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
Re: fail to open project
on Nov 15, 2012 at 12:24:35 pm

If the project crashes and failed to open, I can assume that the desktop is corrupt.

What you can do in this case is open a new project and attempt to transfer the clips from the old project to the new one and hopefully it will work.

If that fails I would contact Autodesk support and see if the engineers can help you find a technical way to save your files if possible.

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]