FORUMS: list search recent posts

don't you think the logic of dragging the clip should be inverted ?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andi no
don't you think the logic of dragging the clip should be inverted ?
on Nov 10, 2012 at 6:20:56 am

i'm not trying to say 'right ' or 'wrong' , i just want to share and moreover everyone has their own preferences.

So.... here's the case : for me i think the dragging feature somehow need to be 'inverted'. Here's what i mean : i import the clip, and scrub the clip. So when i option+shift+drag the center of the clip it will copy/duplicate the clip as is , but if i drag not from the center of the clip it will create a 'trimmed' copy , the trimmed will be depends on the area where our cursor is, if dragging near the left side , it means : from current the end, if dragging near the right side -> it means : from start to current.

The problem is i think Logically it should be the other way or it should be inverted. Coz when i'm grabbing and grab the right edge of the clip , i'm visually want the 'right' part of the 'cake' . so if we think a clip as a 'cake', the current frame position (or cti or current time indicator or whatever its called in smoke) is indicates or representes the cutter or knife to cut the cake. So you want which part the left part or the right part of the cake ? if u want left then u drag the left side and vice versa.

Again i'm not saying about 'right' or 'wrong' , i'm just confusing with this kind of current setup. So i prefer my logic coz the visual will match the gestural. Maybe some engineer guyz in autodesk got some other idea, but i'm just trying to apply a simple logic.

cheers :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]