FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can we get some masks/windows/vignettes IN the color warper?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Tomberlin
Can we get some masks/windows/vignettes IN the color warper?
on Oct 10, 2012 at 12:54:15 pm

This really seems to be the "missing link" in Smoke's color tools. I know it can be done with additional layers, etc but even the Baselight plug in for Avid and FCP has this built in - and that's just a plug in.

Chris Tomberlin
Editor/Compositor/Owner
OutPost Pictures

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
Re: Can we get some masks/windows/vignettes IN the color warper?
on Oct 10, 2012 at 9:43:48 pm

Hi Chris,

I'll pass the feedback on.

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Oct 12, 2012 at 11:17:07 pm

I agree with you. Make CC more like lustre, with everything built in for color grading sessions.

But, I believe the reason why it isn't in there right now, is that Smoke is a compositor first. Everything is built around Action/Batch (CFX).

moody glasgow
smoke/flame
http://www.thereelthinginc.com

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Oct 16, 2012 at 9:49:58 pm

I beg to differ. Smoke is advertised and marketed as a FINISHING tool. Compositing happens to be just a small portion of many tools available, like editing and, yes, color grading, which right barely on the level of FCP 3 way color. Finishing without proper color grading tools is a pipe dream.
Smoke rapidly turning into a collection of second rate tools. Examples? Compositing can better be done with Nuke. Editing, do I even need to say it? Color grading. Even free Resolve Lite is light years ahead of CC and CW.
So, as usual, Autodesk never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. Autodesk should use the color grading technology it already have- Lustre. ADSK should stop marketing differentiation, like excluding planar tracking or camera tracker from regular Smoke. Isn't it obvious, that by forcing Smoke users to use third party software, like Mocha, ADSK defeats the whole purpose of Smoke, as a one stop finishing?

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
on Oct 23, 2012 at 4:01:42 pm

I also was disappointed that they didn't include Lustre with it. Where does ADSK wants to go with Smoke for Mac? Trying to grab the editorial market's FCP users offering $4K software doesn't seem like it's going to work.
I agree they should make Smoke the best finishing tool there is, instead of focusing on FCP keyboard shortcuts and similarity of editing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]