FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beta V3 - Failure To Export

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Martin
Beta V3 - Failure To Export
on Sep 24, 2012 at 11:53:54 pm

I'll preface my query with this is my first week cracking open the hood of 2013 so I'm in crawling mode...

I'm attempting to use timewarp to apply some basic speed changes to clips and then export them back into Resolve. I'm stuck staring at the jobs que that says there is a job but is stuck on "waiting" with no export happening. Not sure what I am doing or not doing.

Here's what I'm doing...

1. Select a source clip (marked green)
2. Go into "FX" tab and select "timewarp". In this case I am applying a 60% mix speed change.
3. Hit "Render" (Smoke renders)
4. Go to Export menu and export.
5. At this point I see my clip in the jobs que but it is stuck on "waiting" Any help appreciated.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Chris

Return to posts index

Ken LaRue
Re: Beta V3 - Failure To Export
on Sep 25, 2012 at 12:38:39 am

Hi Chris,
What Pre-Release are you using? I have seen some strange behaviors in earlier builds where using the export option from the menu does not work but using the drag and drop method did work. So let’s try this; go to the media hub and in the jobs menu select the job that is waiting, then click on the option that reads Actions on the jobs panel and then chose delete and confirm you want to delete the job. Now we are starting clean. Now navigate to where you want the render file to be placed and then in the media library select sequence you want to render. Then drag and drop it to the thumbnail area for the folder and you will receive a dialog box, choose what you want to render this file as and click export. Does that work?

Ken LaRue
Autodesk Smoke Technical Marketing Manager

Return to posts index

Ken LaRue
on Sep 25, 2012 at 12:39:41 am

Sorry I see right in your title you are usng PR3 so taht answered my first question. But try what I suggest and let us know if it worked.

Ken LaRue
Autodesk Smoke Technical Marketing Manager

Return to posts index

Robert Adam
on Sep 25, 2012 at 12:03:24 pm

Hi Chris.

We have just released pre-release trial 4. Please install it, upgrade your projects as instructed in this article and then give export another try.

Regards,
Robert.

Autodesk M&E Support
http://www.facebook.com/AutodeskMECF

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
on Sep 26, 2012 at 3:13:01 am

Thanks! Will try both of these suggestions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]