FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke Learning Channel Youtube

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sandeep Sajeev
Smoke Learning Channel Youtube
on Sep 9, 2012 at 7:16:45 pm

There's such a lot of good material on here. The series on Action (even though it's from an older version of Smoke) has really helped me understand working within Action. I couldn't make head or tail of it earlier.

Thanks Grant Kay!

Sandeep.

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
Re: Smoke Learning Channel Youtube
on Sep 10, 2012 at 9:59:17 am

You're welcome!

It is in my long term plans to redo the action series for Smoke 2013.

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
on Sep 10, 2012 at 12:52:20 pm

Grant, any chance of doing some high-end commercial walk-throughs? Something along the lines of

It would be very cool to see stuff like this with Smoke 2013.

Sandeep.

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
on Sep 10, 2012 at 1:54:16 pm

Hi Sandeep,

Once Smoke 2013 is actually a shipping product and is properly being used on commercial jobs than I will start looking at webinar type sessions where we can look at the techniques.

This would be something extra I would look into but it would be limiting because I could not distribute the material for people to try out. When smoke has settled, I will set out to try make all training materials available for people to download and follow along. Is that appealing to you?

The aim of the Smoke Learning Channel is to teach people how to use Smoke and not to be used as a marketing or sales tool.

All manufacturers typically show the latest and greatest "blockbusters" to show off their tools but they are all overviews rather than actual learning. Actual learning is where I want the Smoke Learning Channel to be.

Having said that I don't mind having the odd impressive work being featured once in a while as long as there is something to be learnt from it. :)

Many thanks!

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
on Sep 10, 2012 at 2:18:52 pm

Hi Grant,

I think the Smoke Learning Channel is great. It has helped me tremendously (and others as well, I'm sure)

I was just thinking back to when I first walked into a Flame Suite ( I cut offline on commercials mainly) as an edit assist, I was totally blown away by what what was possible.

So my thinking was that it would be cool to show people just how the tools are being used in high-end work. While the reference video is marketing oriented, I think this sort of thing combined with hardcore learning material would be fantastic for those of us who are looking to do high-end work without walking into a facility.

I think your webinar idea with downloadable content to follow along is a good idea too.

Best,

Sandeep

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]