FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tracking within ConnectFX

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Lansdell
Tracking within ConnectFX
on Aug 30, 2012 at 1:47:58 pm

Hi,

I'm coming to Smoke from an FCP and After Effects background, and whilst it's early days, I like it! It's point tracker in particular is great, much better than the one in AE, and mostly very easy to use even as a first timer playing about and trying to learn the ropes. However - and this may partly be due to me never having used nodes for compositing - whilst the tracker is pretty much just there on the timeline, I can't find it within connectFX, or any tutorials/videos that show how to do this. Nodes seem to be the key thing to learn in Smoke, and I'm pretty happy with how I've done so far (worked out light wraps, etc for keys), but this is one of the key things that's really got me stuck. Any help or pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Best wishes,

Michael

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Tracking within ConnectFX
on Aug 30, 2012 at 2:02:02 pm

There are trackers everywhere in the nodes in Smoke.. many nodes have them.

In Action you can track an Axis node in an image. As-lo in Gmask in the keyers, and in the Gmask node. Blur has a tracker for the center point of the radial blur.

Look near the axis transform UI there should be a button called Stabilizer. the Stabilizer is the track and you can track and stabilize with it. Sometimes there is a toggle for track vs stabilize.

With Gmask you can select on or all of the vertices and in the vertices menu there is a stabilizer as well.
Let me know if you need more specific info.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Ken LaRue
Re: Tracking within ConnectFX
on Aug 30, 2012 at 2:15:02 pm

Hi Michael,
As Brian wrote, the tracking tools in CFX are available in multiple places in CFX depending on what you are trying to achieve. You can use the 2D Transform tool which has the same tracking/stabilization tools as in the Axis tool plus more and in the Action node. Any tool that has transformation parametres will have access to the tracking/stabilization tools. I recommend you watch the videos Grant Kay has created on his Blog. http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/discreetuk While some of these videos were created with earlier versions of Smoke (prior to 2013) they are still very valuable in learning. They are also available on YouTube.

Ken LaRue
Autodesk Smoke Technical Marketing Manager

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]