FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Having problems with downloading the Smoke 2013 trial version

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Lerch
on Aug 17, 2012 at 10:41:02 am

I recently saw the presentation on the forthcoming Autodesk Smoke 2013 and I wanted to download the trial version on my Mac. When I did go to the Autodesk website, I was informed that I need Akamai NetSession in order to download the trial software. When I download the Akamai DMG and go through the requested steps in the end I receive an error message.

I contacted Autodesk and they advised to try a different browser, so I used Firefox instead of Safari. Same problem. I also contacted Akamai and they advised to uninstall the previous versions and try a different link. I think I did that but still have the same problem.

I am new to this, but had problems with Akamai before. Can someone please assist me, step by step how I can completely remove Akamai from my Mac and then I will try it again. Or is there a another way to directly download the Autodesk software without using Akamai ? I am really interested in getting this trial version as I like to learn and also buy the software eventually.

Any help is much appreciated and I am sure I am not the only one with this problem. Thank you !

Thomas

Return to posts index

Robert Adam
on Aug 17, 2012 at 12:44:21 pm

Hi Thomas.

Several users have reported similar errors and we are working with Akamai to improve the download experience.
In the meantime, please try the instructions in this KB article: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20128418&l...

The first part of the article talks about reinstalling the Akamai plug-in. Since you have already tried that and it didn't work, you can skip to the second procedure on that page that shows you how to download without using the Akamai plug-in.

Let me know if that helped.

Thanks!
Robert.

Autodesk M&E Support
http://www.facebook.com/AutodeskMECF

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]