FORUMS: list search recent posts

Installing PR 2 issues

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
Installing PR 2 issues
on Jul 28, 2012 at 7:01:01 pm

So I uninstalled PR 1, and deleted the Autodesk Storage folder from my Raid. The footage was just stuff I was playing with. Then installed PR 2. First, it said it couldn't find my storage and promptly quit. Since I had uninstalled, you'd think all preferences were uninstalled too. Well, I opened setup and made another storage location and now it launches. But I have 2 storage locations listed in setup. After launching, it asks to create a new user and doesn't give me any previous user choices. Since I uninstalled, that makes sense. So I try to create user "Bret" and it tells me that user already exists and gives the folder location of the users, which appears to be invisible on my harddrive.

How do I truly delete this software, and start afresh? The uninstaller doesn't seem to delete much in the way of preferences and hidden files. Isn't that important part of an uninstaller?

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Installing PR 2 issues
on Jul 28, 2012 at 11:22:25 pm

Uninstall pre2. Then delete your media folder if it exists. Then delete everything in /usr/discreet. Delete the entire discreet folder. Then. Go install pre2 again and you should be fine.

This will remove all old projects and media and will restart you to fresh

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 29, 2012 at 7:42:42 pm

Can't see a discreet folder. The app sees it, but it's hidden I guess? Guess I'll google showing hidden files. Always forget how to do that.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 29, 2012 at 9:24:59 pm

Aha, got it. Wast thinking /usr/... was my user folder, when in act it is the top level /usr folder. Duh. But hidden nonetheless, once I realized I was looking in the wrong place I could just go to folder and then delete the discreet folder within. All up and running again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]