FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone having trouble just downloading the Smoke 2013 trial?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Anyone having trouble just downloading the Smoke 2013 trial?
on Jul 12, 2012 at 5:31:52 pm

Folks, I've been trying since yesterday to download the trial on two different computers (both running Lion) and I can't even get the software. I was eager to try it, but if getting it is this difficult...

The Akamai installer on my MacPro keeps failing
The download process on my MacBook Pro (after getting the Akamai installer working) keeps stalling after about 5 minutes or so. I'm on a T1 line.
I can't seem to get any phone support from either company (Autodesk or Akamai) to download the trial.

Has anyone else had difficulties downloading the trial? If so, do you have any solution(s)?

Tangier

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Anyone having trouble just downloading the Smoke 2013 trial?
on Jul 12, 2012 at 5:33:49 pm

The Akamai installer causes problems for some people.

You could try the direct download:
1. Use the Akamai uninstaller to uninstall the plug-in.
2. Refresh the Smoke trial download page. you’ll get a pop-up telling you to download the akamai plug-in or to click a link if the plug-in installation didn’t work.
3. Click that link. Then click “OK” in the next window.
4. The pop-up will close and the smoke download page will show a link that you can click to download the dmg directly using your browser

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Jul 12, 2012 at 5:55:33 pm

On the computer that the Akamai NetSessions was never installed, I refreshed the pop-up download page and proceeded to the "click here" link since my install didn't work and I got another pop up window with an install error and options to cancel or retry. Clicking retry yields nothing.

Then I found a link on the previous page (at the top) that says "download using your web browser". I clicked that, download starts and dies between 4 and 8MB. I am using Safari.

It's a no go in any scenario so far.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Jul 16, 2012 at 12:54:19 am

Hello Tangier. I had the same problem with the Akamai installer. Uninstalled it.Tried downloading directly through the browser, failed halfway through. Am using Safari too. The 3rd time I tried through Safari, it worked. Nothing changed between the first time I tried and the third time when it worked. Happy user now. Good luck.

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

Marc Hamaker
on Jul 17, 2012 at 9:33:03 pm

If anyone is still having trouble with the download, they should be sure to also post a note over on the Smoke AREA forum, as our support team monitors that pretty closely and can help out.

Marc Hamaker - Autodesk
Sr. Product Marketing Manager
@marc_hamaker
The All New Smoke
Follow Smoke on Facebook

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Jul 23, 2012 at 4:55:14 pm

Almost two weeks since my original post and I still can't download the trial. I can't even get back to the screen that has a link to the DMG. This is a bummer! Trial's shouldn't send you through trials to get it. Anyone know of any other direct links to the DMG; legitimate ones?

Tangier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]