FORUMS: list search recent posts

SMac 2013

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abhijeet Mohit
SMac 2013
on Jun 25, 2012 at 5:27:10 pm

Autodesk has been retooling Smoke for 2013, so it runs on iMacs and MBP's.

More info at Larry Jordan's blog. http://www.larryjordan.biz/app_bin/wordpress/archives/1811

What does that have to do with FCS? There are non-sustained rumors that Apple lured Autodesk deeper into the Mac environment, with the promise to not develop FCP to a high-end suite (it never was one in any way).

Larry Jordan:
Apple, in fact, highlighted the new Smoke in my meeting with them this morning. Apple stressed how easy it is to edit in FCP X and finish in Smoke

Return to posts index

Aaron Neitz
Re: SMac 2013
on Jun 25, 2012 at 5:48:13 pm

Smoke in a way is always what FCP users had clamored for, especially when they started acquiring all those finishing solutions like Shake and Final Touch. The vaulted rumor of the G5 laptop and FCP Extreme.

I don't know any pro editors using FCPX.

Return to posts index

Ben Rojas
Re: SMac 2013
on Jun 26, 2012 at 3:24:36 pm

Neither do I Aaron. I'm sure FCPX works great for those one-man band editors that work in their own world. While there have been some useful updates, it still remains forced and not user friendly to pros that have spent years on MC or FCP. Apple should have given us choices! Let us decide how to work and not force their idea of a better way of editing down our throats. The whole no layers/tracks thing sux... And the magnetic timeline, no thanks! One window, fine, very intuitive w/how the project bin & clips function... But let us the decide to use it or not! I think Smoke 2013 has the potential of being that "FCP Extreme" many were clamoring for some NAB's back but they need to nip the performance issue in the bud. Going to definitely be an interesting 90 days ;o)

Ben Rojas
Editor|Artist|Dir. of Post Production
KSC KREATE
3850 N 28th Ter. Ste. 101
Hollywood, FL. 33020
P. 954.326.7600
F. 954.326.7766
C. 305.301.2771
E. ben.rojas@ksckreate.com
http://www.ksckreate.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>