FORUMS: list search recent posts

Triptych view for connectFX

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Ball
Triptych view for connectFX
on Jun 21, 2012 at 11:12:11 pm

Is there a way to use the Triptych viewer with in ConnectFX to compare the shot you are wiring on with other shots in the timeline? It would really be helpful for creating a complex grade or effect that you need to match to different shots in different places on the timeline.

Return to posts index

Aaron Neitz
Re: Triptych view for connectFX
on Jun 22, 2012 at 2:10:47 am

Old school solution. Bring the neighbor clips into you CFX. You can set them up as context and flip between them, or lay them into an Action node and translate them outside the preview window so you can see everything at once.

Return to posts index

Marc Hamaker
on Jun 22, 2012 at 3:19:51 am

As Aaron suggests you probably need to bring the clip into ConnectFX to be able to access it, but remember that you can bring clips into CFX that aren't used in your schematic, so the reference clips won't affect the result.

Have you tried using the reference buffer? See the screenshot below. Access and set the reference using the "View" menu (#2) and change the position and angle of the reference using the reference bar on screen (#1)

-marc

Marc Hamaker - Autodesk
Sr. Product Marketing Manager
@marc_hamaker
The All New Smoke
Follow Smoke on Facebook

Return to posts index

Jeremy Ball
on Jun 23, 2012 at 3:48:36 am

Thank you both for the tips. It seems like a work around and some extra steps to do something simple. In know in Avid DS you can do this with their triple viewer seeing all effects in a node tree in context of two other shots that you can select on your timeline. Its very easy and intuitive. Maybe in the full release version Smoke will have something like this.

In my opinion this is one of the features that makes high end color correction for episodic or features better on DS than on Smoke. I would like to see that change since I like working in Smoke and I like where the software is going in the future.

Return to posts index

robert coulin
on Jun 25, 2012 at 9:54:12 am

hi Marc,

great & definitely the best option!
just cant find how to populate the refBuffer with a clip (instead of a grabFrame) ?
also for Timeline P & S view i found the basic setting incl cycle through with F15 - but is there a corresponding menu (or will be)?

forgive my ignorance (legacy smoke keyboard user)

thanks
robert

robert coulin
http://www.dreamwalks.com

Return to posts index

Marc Hamaker
on Jun 25, 2012 at 2:37:38 pm

Hi Robert,

I can't find the refBuffer clip option either. Let's see where things end up, things will get closer to finished in upcoming prerelease trial versions. Lots of stuff still in flux.

Marc Hamaker - Autodesk
Sr. Product Marketing Manager
@marc_hamaker
The All New Smoke
Follow Smoke on Facebook

Return to posts index

robert coulin
on Jul 4, 2012 at 7:30:39 am

hi Marc,

im sure, it will show up eventually ;-))

re Triptych or Multiview inside CFX:
you could also use 3-view & set context 1 & 2 (- + click),
this gives you result/context1/context2 - close to 3view ;-)
although this is not applicable to different views of a single timeline, rather different clips or node-results

robert

robert coulin
http://www.dreamwalks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]