FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip in Smoke 2013

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pavel Pavlov
Multiclip in Smoke 2013
on Jun 20, 2012 at 9:16:39 am

I know that it havn't multiclip.

But if Autodesk say that Smoke 2013 is changing everything and that is powerfool all-in-one tools - why they do not include this options (multiclip) in Smoke? :)
What are you thinking about?

Pavel Pavlov
Editor, Air Promo
TNT-Broadcasting Network
Moscow, Russia

Return to posts index

David Jahns
Re: Multiclip in Smoke 2013
on Jun 20, 2012 at 4:14:09 pm

My guess would be that they have their hands full doing the new interface and workflow - and adding new features that were not in Smoke 2012 (like multi-clip) might be added in future updates. (Sure, Connect FX is new - but it's not new to Autodesk, it's been in Smoke Premium and Flame for years. None of the AD products support multi-clip, so there's no easy way to port it to the new version.)

Prediction: Smoke 2013 will not be the perfect editing tool for all jobs.

If you need 5D native playback, or multi-clip, etc., Premiere Pro is probably your best bet for the creative cut. But if you have a project that has significant VFX as part of the creative process, Smoke might be better for the soup-to-nuts = edit & finish.

Nothing's perfect in this world! I might be getting ahead of myself, but I'm really curious what direction they will be taking with Smoke after the initial release. Will the 2014 team be focusing on improving the creative editing - native formats, multi-clip, XML, etc. - or focusing on the finishing - better Color Grading with elements from Lustre, to make round-tripping to Resolve unnecessary?

Of course, both would be great, but resources are always limited...

David Jahns
---
Joint Editorial
Portland, OR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]