FORUMS: list search recent posts

transcode existing project to DPX?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Murray
transcode existing project to DPX?
on Jun 19, 2012 at 8:22:27 pm

I have an existing project into which I've imported an XML and footage. It is currently on our SAN. I'd like to transcode the project to DPX to a local RAID that will handle DPX realtime, for testing. Is there a way to to this or is the transcoding something I would have to do during the import process?

Joe Murray
Edit at Joe's
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: transcode existing project to DPX?
on Jun 19, 2012 at 8:49:47 pm

Smoke would only transcode to DPX when you import the media with "Create Project media" But since this is coming form an XML, and XML import is only half there I'm not sure that it's possible.

Also the background processing to make the DPX frames is a bit iffy in Pre1.

Also your Smoke Media Storage would need to be on your SAN as that's where it would put the files upon importing/transcode.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Joe Murray
on Jun 19, 2012 at 10:56:52 pm

Understood about the sketchy XML and DPX transcode implementation at this point.

Are you saying that once I'm in a project and that project's Media Storage is on a certain drive, that I can not point Smoke to a new drive for a transcode operation? So that would necessitate a new project pointing to the local RAID, and transcoding on import, correct?

Joe Murray
Edit at Joe's
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Jun 20, 2012 at 2:24:07 am

Correct. Projects only live on one media storage....although eventually you will be able to have multiple media storage folders

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]