FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke cannot see my mxfs

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Kommoss
Smoke cannot see my mxfs
on Jun 16, 2012 at 6:57:37 pm

Is anyone else having the same issue? When browsing for media in the mediahub, Smoke does not show my mxfs, which are (looking at the same folder in Finder) definitely there. Weird!

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Smoke cannot see my mxfs
on Jun 16, 2012 at 8:45:17 pm

What are the .MXFs? What camera or codec are they? There are lots of MXF files.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

James Kommoss
on Jun 17, 2012 at 12:28:26 pm

They are DNXHD120. I've also tried with DNXHD185. I've also tried shortening the filename, but no luck with that either. It's very strange. you would think that even if it were an incompatible mxf type, you would still see it in MediaHub's browser. But they are simply not even visible there.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jun 17, 2012 at 1:06:11 pm

Adobe Premiere Pro is the same way. Avid MXF files are about the only files we've found that it cannot work with. Although I thought Smoke could work with them.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Frederic Warren
on Jun 17, 2012 at 3:47:30 pm

Could you try to grab them directly from the Finder and drop them on a Media Library folder to see if they can be imported.

that way we'll know if the issue is with the MediaHub or not.

fred

Frédéric Warren

Flame / Smoke Senior User Experience Designer
Autodesk Media & Entertainment

Return to posts index

James Kommoss
on Jun 17, 2012 at 5:20:11 pm

Hi - I tried this a little earlier today - no luck either. Drag and drop from Finder doesn’t work.

Return to posts index

Sebastian Guest
on Aug 13, 2012 at 10:08:02 am

Just wondering if anyone has any experience in the meantime with this? PreRelease V2 seems to have the same problem. In fact, it doesn't seem to see my AAF either (ie, I have a folder with an AAF and a few MXFs in it, and the browser just shows it as empty. There is an empty folder within this same folder, which is shown. In other words, smoke is blind to the AAF and MXFs.

Return to posts index

Sebastian Guest
on Aug 16, 2012 at 6:36:13 pm

Hi Frederic - the drag and drop doesn't work. Specifically, these are avid-compatible DNXHD MXFs generated by Nucoda FilmMaster. They work fine in an Avid. I'd be interested to know if there have been other similar issues reported? If you need a sample clip, I can send you one. I'm very excited about Smoke, but I'd need to see it working with our current workflows in order to submit its use for consideration.

Kind regards,
-Sebastian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]