FORUMS: list search recent posts

Collapsing/hiding the FX panel/transport controls

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Gil
Collapsing/hiding the FX panel/transport controls
on Jun 15, 2012 at 2:51:26 pm

I posted this on the Autodesk area, but I was wanting to see what people here think about this as well. Is there a way to hide the FX area above the timeline as well as the transport controls in the source/record area? It would be very helpful to be able to hide these as needed similarly to how the media library is collapsible.

I understand the use, but I can also see it getting a little bit in my way. It’s great when you need it, but not when you don’t. The only reason I would like to hide it or collapse it and the transport controls would be if I were trying to get my edit assembled quickly, I would either have to sacrifice the size of my Source/Rec monitors or timeline. But if I could temporarily hide them, then I would be able to focus better on the timeline and getting my cut right. Then, when I’m ready to actually need to finesse everything, I just bring back the FX area and I’ve got the best of both worlds.

I like that I can hide the media library that helps a lot, especially once your edit is done and you just need to work on the fine tuning and fx etc. Why not the FX area?

Just something to think about.

-Julian

Return to posts index

Marc-Andre Ferguson
Re: Collapsing/hiding the FX panel/transport controls
on Jun 15, 2012 at 3:04:52 pm

Hello Julian,
There is currently no way to collapse the FX Pipeline or hide the playback controls, but I'll mark it down as a feature request.

Thanks for trying out Smoke 2013!

Marc-André Ferguson
Industry Manager for Smoke
Autodesk Media&Entertainment

Follow me on Twitter : @iluminance
Read my blog : Smoke&Dagger
Click to pre-register for the Smoke 2013 Pre-Release Trial

Return to posts index

Julian Gil
Re: Collapsing/hiding the FX panel/transport controls
on Jun 15, 2012 at 3:12:27 pm

Thanks Marc-André. I just think it would be useful to have it out of the way if you're still in that rough cut stage of the edit, or using it on a laptop with less screen real estate. Then bring it back when your adding fx and doing all the fun stuff that Smoke let's you do.

So far though, I'm really liking the software. It's really awesome even if it's not at 100%. I've always wanted to be a Smoke artist and know I'm glad that I'm finally getting the chance to use it and afford it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]