FORUMS: list search recent posts

Noob Pro Res 4444 question

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas J. Ralph
Noob Pro Res 4444 question
on Jun 14, 2012 at 10:53:45 am

Hi all.

Completely new to Smoke, and have a very simple question. I can't seem to find an answer any where else so hoped one of you kind folks could help.

I have a few Pro Res 4444 layers with alphas on my timeline that are just showing as black. Do I need to switch the alpha's on? Or has something gone wrong on import?

Help really appreciated.

:)

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Noob Pro Res 4444 question
on Jun 14, 2012 at 12:29:56 pm

When you look at the media in the Media Hub, does it have a little MULTI icon on it? If you click the multi icon, does the matte clip show up?

Smoke doesn't use embeded Alphas on the desktop, when you import, it will break these clips apart and give you one for FILL and one MATTE Clip.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Nicholas J. Ralph
on Jun 14, 2012 at 12:40:08 pm

Hi Brian

I am importing an XML from FCP - and Smoke is relinking to the footage so doesn't seem to be showing up in the media hub.

When in the timeline the only thing in the media library is my sequence can't see any clips (other than on the timeline).

Return to posts index

Nicholas J. Ralph
on Jun 14, 2012 at 12:42:28 pm

i have navigated to my original media (that smoke is linking to) and I can see that smoke is reading that as having a mulit channel.

Where can i switch that on - on the timeline?

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Jun 14, 2012 at 1:12:09 pm

OK.. I had to check. Assuming that the XML had the alpha channel info.... it should have made the clip on the timeine a container with Fill and Matte. If so, then the clip should be a darker blue than the regular clips.

Right click on it and add and AXIS effect. That will make it use the Matte and it should be keying.

Brian Mulligan

Return to posts index

Nicholas J. Ralph
on Jun 14, 2012 at 1:53:30 pm

Hi Brian. Tried that and still not coming up... :(

Hmmmm. I hoped there would be a way just to switch it on....

Should smoke see the Alpha's on the timeline automatically?

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Jun 14, 2012 at 2:26:46 pm

Not without an AXIS effect. IS the clip a light blue or a darker blue in the timeline? If it's a light blue then the XML didn't bring in the alpha and that might be a bug. If it's a dark blue then it's a clip that contains both video and matte and an AXIS should work.

Brian Mulligan

Return to posts index

Nicholas J. Ralph
on Jun 14, 2012 at 2:30:53 pm

They are light blue I would guess. There are some darker blue clips in there (that are labelled as unrendered as I had applied a time effect within FCP).

I guess I will have to repatch them back on if they are being recognised in the Media hub.

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Jun 14, 2012 at 2:46:51 pm

Yes, and I would classify that as a bug or unimplemented feature with XML and Clips with alpha.

Brian Mulligan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]