FORUMS: list search recent posts

backburner manager

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
simon brewster
backburner manager
on Jun 13, 2012 at 11:34:20 pm

hi can anyone help with this one
when importing a file through media hub i get a error message saying cannot connect to back burner manager on port 1
thanks
s

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: backburner manager
on Jun 13, 2012 at 11:46:41 pm

I am guessing that you are trying to "create project media" or you have proxies enabled for the project or both.

Backburner is a bit buggy in Pre1 but you should still be able to send a job to it, it just that it doesn't process.

Open the Service Monitor in the Autodesk/Utilities folder. Are all the light green? If not Restart Backburn Manager and Server. Even if they are Green... restart them. Then try and import again.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

simon brewster
on Jun 14, 2012 at 12:29:59 am

hi yes all green but i guess if it does not work then any media in smoke 2013 is just running from its source location and not from smokes storage media drive? renders though i guess are on smokes own storage
s

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Jun 14, 2012 at 12:36:25 am

Correct.. but you should still have been able to send a job.. you shouldn't have had that error. A reboot of mac might also help.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
More backburning questions
on Jun 14, 2012 at 6:18:51 am

I can import but when I try to export the exported clip just goes to wait into the backburner queue and does nothing. I don't have a backburner set up.

Return to posts index

robert coulin
Re: More backburning questions
on Jun 14, 2012 at 12:21:00 pm

hi,

well - as you mention:
.... goes to wait into the backburner queue and does nothing. I don't have a backburner set up. ....

obviously you need to have backburner running, unless you export directly in the foreground (& wait till its done)

robert coulin
http://www.dreamwalks.com

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: More backburning questions
on Jun 14, 2012 at 7:59:26 pm

I have zero idea how to set up a backburner thingamajig and also no idea how to export directly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]