FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence frame size changes

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Santiago Gutierrez
Sequence frame size changes
on Jun 12, 2012 at 11:59:09 pm

Hello,
I've been working with the trial and came up against something I couldn't figure out. I set up my project resolution and frame size to 1920x1080 at 59.94i and then create a sequence that matches those dimensions. Why does the sequence change to a 2k size when I add a Red R3D half res shot into it? It always changes from 1920x1080 to the 2048x1152 as soon as I overwrite the shot into the timeline. I couldn't figure this out, so it was hoping someone could explain it. This even happened when I had a 1080 backplate in the timeline on video 1 and then cut the R3D shot onto video 2.
Thanks,
Santiago

Return to posts index

Ken LaRue
Re: Sequence frame size changes
on Jun 13, 2012 at 1:16:13 am

Hi Santiago,
The workflow is if a sequence is empty and you cut a different resolution clip into that empty sequence the sequence will change to match the first clip cut into the sequence. Unfortunately in the pre-release you can't change the resolution of sequences after you have editing the clip into it.

Now with that said you write you had a background clip in a sequence and the sequence still change resolution when you edited the RED file into that sequence, which should not be happening.

Ken LaRue
Autodesk Smoke Technical Marketing Manager

Return to posts index

Frederic Warren
on Jun 13, 2012 at 1:18:12 am

Hello Santiago,

This is the "normal" behaviour. Currently, Smoke changes the resolution of an empty sequence to match the resolution of the first inserted clip if it is from a different resolution.

That being said, this is clearly a behaviour that seem unexpected to the users so we will consider changing it so the sequence resolution stays the same. That or give the choice to the user when such a situation happens.

fred

Frédéric Warren

Flame / Smoke Senior User Experience Designer
Autodesk Media & Entertainment

Return to posts index

Santiago Gutierrez
on Jun 13, 2012 at 2:00:29 am

Thank you both for answering.
Ken, that is correct that I had a clip that was 1920x 1080 on layer 1, and then edited the R3D file which was larger on layer 2, and the sequence size changed to 2048x1152 to match that second clip. It did catch me by surprise, as it makes sense for an empty sequence to match the first piece of footage cut into it, but not change after that.

Congratulations to you both on this release. Even in its early stages, it is very polished and so much more intuitive to use than before.

Santiago

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]