hi being aja will t-tap be supported?
thanks
s

Return to posts index

John Moore
Re: t -tap support
on Jun 11, 2012 at 1:13:45 pm

Hi there,
I'm hoping UltraStudio 3D will be supported in future - also the Tangent Wave (as others would like also).
A lot of people require DaVinci Resolve and Smoke to be on the same machine - fingers crossed for a new Mac Pro.
If we need to purchase AJA's excellent products will T-Tap be supported.
And the follow on can a T-Tap and UltraStudio 3D be connected and disconnected on the same machine to suit the software being used ? How's that work.
Thanks for your time

John R Moore

Return to posts index

Marc-Andre Ferguson
on Jun 11, 2012 at 3:54:42 pm

Can't talk about T-Tap yet, still no prototype, sorry.
For Control Surfaces, we support the Avid Artist Series panel.
How do you feel about the Tangent Element?

Marc-André Ferguson
Industry Manager for Smoke
Autodesk Media&Entertainment

Follow me on Twitter : @iluminance
Read my blog : Smoke&Dagger
Click to pre-register for the Smoke 2013 Pre-Release Trial

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Jun 11, 2012 at 8:30:58 pm

I feel Tangent Elements will be a waste of money, as CC and CW are not real color grading solutions. If you decide to bring the Lustre technology, that's a different question...
I hope you realize, that without proper color grading module, that is at least on par with a FREE Resolve Lite and camera tracker, that at least as good as in a AE6, your notion of one application finish falls apart even before Smoke 2013 has a chance to take off...
You need to stop trying to differentiate Smoke 2013 based on an old and outdated marketing formula. It might had worked in 2000, not today...

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jun 12, 2012 at 12:43:41 am

[Marc-Andre Ferguson] "For Control Surfaces, we support the Avid Artist Series panel.
How do you feel about the Tangent Element?"

Avid Artist Series is my least favorite control surface. We have the Element & Wave here and I would prefer to see you support both the Wave and Element if you're looking at Tangent. The Wave is a sweet little panel that has more controls than the Avid Artist series.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Jun 12, 2012 at 6:06:41 am

I had been using Artist series panel with Resolve for over a year. It is, in my opinion, much more versatile, than the Wave. It is much better built, it is networkable, meaning it can be used with multiple stations, as long as they are on the network, Ethernet is much easier to use over long distances and most important, it is supported by many manufacturers, like Assimilate, Autodesk, Nucoda, Red, Avid, FilmLight and many more. Wave? Not so much...
The problem in using Artist series panel with Resolve is not of Avid's making. The culprit is clearly BM's insistence on trying to sell their $30k panel with their $1K software, by crippling any other control panel and refusing to issue a simple panel SDK to the panel manufacturers. But all this has nothing to do with Smoke 2013. It all has to do with good color grading software, which Smoke 2013 is clearly not. Enabling of Elements will just make Smoke that more expensive to use without any clear benefits. Smoke's problem is not the panel support (Artist series panel works great with Smoke BTW). It's clearly the lack of Lustre -like grading software...

Return to posts index

John Moore
on Jun 12, 2012 at 1:53:48 pm

Hi Marc-Andre,
I guess we can all hope for a lot of things. Things that make systems compatible with elements we are already using and have paid for. Manufacturers have their own vested interests. However, opening things up as much as possible must be the future.
In answer to your question Marc-Andre as much as I like the feel of the Artist panel - it is very nice - I would like to connect to the Tangent Wave (as that connects to my DaVinci Resolve).
I agree with Walter's assessment.
However I also agree with Jake.
As much as Autodesks CW has got me out of trouble, so often - and the fact, that in my opinion it is totally superior to any other NLE colour offering - it has unfortunately nowhere near the options a dedicated Colour Grading system has. I don't know Luster - it may be interesting - Jake's thought is good.
DaVinci is good. So I do not also want to buy a dedicated colour surface for Autodesk's Colour Warper - hence I would like the gear I have to be compatible.
I hope the T-Tap is made compatible soon.
Before - in another thread - you asked how our Video In/Out devices are used. My answer is really only for monitoring - but I have the option of outputting to tape...if ever needed.
I cannot wait to get on the Smoke 2013.
I have to see how it responds on my late 2011 17"MBP c SSD and Pegasus.
Looking forward to that
I wish I would not have to leave that application for anything at all.
Best Wishes
John

PS had Smoke2013 come out at the same time as DaVinci Resolve now I would be saying to Blackmagic that they need to open up their thinking to allow for other manufacturers. IE Artist not Wave, Aja not Blackmagic Cards..

John R Moore

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]