FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke 2013 Pre-Release Trial news + tutorials

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc-Andre Ferguson
Smoke 2013 Pre-Release Trial news + tutorials
on Jun 4, 2012 at 2:39:57 pm

Hi folks,
The pre-release trial for Smoke 2013 is coming. We’re fixing a few things under the hood so we’ll be a few more days.. but we’re excited to show you the all new Smoke! Stay tuned…

In the meantime, check out Grant Kay's brand new tutorials, on the Smoke Learning Channel:
youtube.com/smokehowtos

This is just the first batch, we'll be posting a whole lot more for the next week.

Feel free to browse, comment and share the videos.

Thanks for your support, and for your patience!

Marc-André Ferguson
Industry Manager for Smoke
Autodesk Media&Entertainment

Follow me on Twitter : @iluminance
Read my blog : Smoke&Dagger
Click to pre-register for the Smoke 2013 Pre-Release Trial

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Levenstone
Re: Smoke 2013 Pre-Release Trial news + tutorials
on Jun 4, 2012 at 9:52:57 pm

That is a true pity, but I must say great work on this new version. It looks like you are about to release a hell of an app. Looking forward to being creative on it.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Smith
on Jun 4, 2012 at 10:44:57 pm

Thanks for the info! I've been checking out the videos as I can today and I'm really looking forward to getting to test drive this. Looks like an outstanding tool and I can't wait!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Jahns
on Jun 6, 2012 at 4:42:59 pm

Hi Marc!

I thought that was awfully bold of you guys to announce a specific date! So... is there a new target date? Or will it be released "when it's ready"?

I have a non-client project I'd love to do in the new version to give it a run through. Might start in 2012 version and test the project upgrade compatibility - or is that a bad idea for the beta version?

Dave

David Jahns
---
Joint Editorial
Portland, OR

Return to posts index

Ken LaRue
on Jun 6, 2012 at 4:56:32 pm

Hi David,
I won't give a date but I will say the pre-release should be avaliable very soon.
As far as 2012 to 2013 it will work eventually but not in the first pre-release build so I recommend you waitng just a little longer to start your non-client project.

Ken LaRue
Autodesk Smoke Technical Marketing Manager

Return to posts index

David Jahns
on Jun 6, 2012 at 5:08:22 pm

Thanks, Ken.

I've heard the conform process is also going through a re-tool, and the beta will be limited.

I'm taking a 3 minute FCP project and doing color/online in Smoke - do you know if XML or EDL conforms will work in the beta? Project is Red 4k, offlined with 720p Qts, we'll want to conform/finish in 2k with R3Ds.

Should I stick with 2012 for this one?

Or, I could conform in 2012, and kick out a 2k DPX sequence to manually slice up in 2013 (if necessary) just to start playing with the new guy? That should work, no?

David Jahns
---
Joint Editorial
Portland, OR

Return to posts index

Ken LaRue
on Jun 6, 2012 at 6:02:26 pm

David,
The conform process is working at a limited state in the pre-release. The relink option will not be in the pre-release so I'll recommend using 2012 or as you wrote render the DPX files and import into 2013.

Ken LaRue
Autodesk Smoke Technical Marketing Manager

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]