FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke 2013 and a Burn Node

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Bishop
Smoke 2013 and a Burn Node
on Jul 24, 2013 at 10:38:07 pm

Hello there,

I have searched for an answer but can't seem to find a verdict about the benefits of using a Burn node in 2013. Does anyone have any experience using a Burn node in 2013 and can shed some light on the benefits of it and the limitations. The cost is almost an extra grand plus hardware so if renders can be sent to burn so the artist can continue to work then I see the benefit of that.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Matt

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
Re: Smoke 2013 and a Burn Node
on Jul 25, 2013 at 5:34:46 pm

I'm running Flame Premium 2013 SP4 on a Z820 and we bought a Burn node just so I can send things off to render, and keep on working. That is it's main advantage. Just don't expect it to be as fast as rendering on your box, especially if you just have the one Burn node.
The way I generally use it, is I set up a BFX, send it to Burn, work on my next BFX, send that to Burn, etc. and by the time I have finished work or the 4or 5 BFX, the first one is done rendering, and I can review it. I find it is a pretty efficient way to work on a series of smaller BFX setups. If I have a really complicated BFX, I render it locally.
As far as I know, most people either buy one Burn node, or whole bunch of them. That seems to be the efficient way to implement them.

moody glasgow
smoke/flame
http://www.thereelthinginc.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]