FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting with 3D LUT's From Library

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Spivack
Exporting with 3D LUT's From Library
on Feb 11, 2013 at 11:33:12 pm

Okay here's a fun one:
We are working on a project that will occasionally require the use of LUTs. The LUTs have been provided to us. The LUT for I am using is a .3dl, 12bit. The file provided to us says "Smoke17_12bits.3dl" if that provides any additional information.
The LUT works fine using the LUT editor in the edit desk. I can apply it, process it out and then save to the library and export out with no issues.
However, if I work solely from the library and try and export a clip in any format (tired dpx sequences to uncompressed), the library for some reason can't read the same LUT that the edit desk already did. Is this a processing error, that is to say, does Smoke need to process this LUT onto the clip? It'd make sense since I have to process in the LUT editor but there doesn't seem to be a way.
The only clue I've received hasn't lead me anywhere. Basically, when I queue a clip it gives me a "start frame" 1 and an end frame. However, whenever I queue a frame that has a 3D LUT added in the library it says the stop frame is "0" and then errors before doing anything. The source is not listed and the destination is listed as "turnover."
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]