FORUMS: list search recent posts

Selecting individual parts of paired audio/video in timeline, Smoke 2013

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burrell
Selecting individual parts of paired audio/video in timeline, Smoke 2013
on Feb 7, 2013 at 11:12:44 pm

I actually have 2 questions, and they are pretty basic (I think) as this is the first time I have used any version of smoke.

When I drag a clip from my source viewer into my timeline, how do only take just the video, or just the audio, from footage that has audio and video?

Second, once I have a clip on the timeline, I can't figure out how to handle the audio and video separately. In Final Cut, I could hold down either Command or Option, don't remember which one, but when I did that I could select just one track and temporarily work with it independently of the rest of that clip. Or, I could select one audio channel and delete it, in situations where I might have recorded clean audio into 1 channel of the camera, and the other channel was just the on-camera mic, which I don't need.

And along those same lines, I know that holding shift+option lets me copy a track and move it. I have only used this so far for masking purposes, but when I do that, it copies the audio and video. Is there a way to have it just copy the video track?

Thanks for any advice, I am new to smoke, and really loving the program, but a little overwhelmed at the same time.

Daniel Burrell
Light Productions

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Selecting individual parts of paired audio/video in timeline, Smoke 2013
on Feb 8, 2013 at 4:02:23 pm

Yes, this is somewhat silly and hope it gets resolved in the future.
Under the Options menu at the bottom of the timeline, you can uncheck LINK selected and it will unlink your clip selected. But you have to turn it back on if you want them linked again.
There also is no hotkey.

There should be a simple ALT option for this.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]