FORUMS: list search recent posts

changing resolution of an XML or AAF on import

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Bolton
changing resolution of an XML or AAF on import
on Nov 30, 2012 at 7:38:38 am

Hi, I'm just experimenting with different workflows for interchange with Media Composer, Resolve and Smoke on a project thats going to be shot on Red. I have AAF imports working, including linking back to the original R3D files by soft importing them to a reel first, then bringing in the AAF so it finds those rather and the transcoded proxies.

Only issue is the AAF is at 720p res (which is what the offline edit was setup at), I want my master timeline at 1920x1080 in smoke.

Can't see any way of modifying this in the AAF import settings, and I tried to import the AAF with "link to files" deselected, then change its size with resize doesn't work (won't let you resize a timeline with no linked media, why not?)
Whats the way to get around this and have your sequence created from the AAF at full res from the original R3D files?

Also, Smoke doesn't use the metadata in the RMD files from Redcine-X when soft importing R3D files does it? (2012 SAP2 SP3). Is that added in 2013?

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
Re: changing resolution of an XML or AAF on import
on Nov 30, 2012 at 3:33:00 pm

Hi Roger,

There is an option called timeline or sequence resolution in the clip library of 2012 when you conform an AAF. It allows you to override the AAFs resolution and set a new pne... like going from 720p to 1080.

In Smoke 2013, there is also the same option just before you import the AAF, you can change the resolution in the media library in the sequence options.

By default both of them are labelled "SAME AS CLIP". Just change it to the resolution you want.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
Re: changing resolution of an XML or AAF on import
on Dec 1, 2012 at 2:42:38 am

found it thanks Grant. Any word on getting smoke to use the grade adjustments made in RMD files when reading R3D?

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]