FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render and Connection Issues

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Spivack
Render and Connection Issues
on Nov 5, 2012 at 11:11:54 pm

We are trying to export dpxs from some r3d files using an edl. Everything seems to connect well, but when it comes time to render I receive an error I've never seen before (image should be attached). The error reads: "Decode failed for frame 0: Decode failed because of a corrupt frame (code 6)." The worst possible scenario is that our drive is either corrupt or the files themselves are. I have troubled shooted quite a bit, and it includes the following:
I have moved individual r3d files to other drives and locally and reconnected there, no success in rendering.
I have started all over, with a new project, no success. Tried rendering without a resize on, restarted the wiretap service and really everything possible under the Service Monitor, changed where the render files go (our MediaFolder), unlinked then relinked--all to no avail. I know Smoke is seemingly telling me it is a "corrupt frame" but I wanted to see if anyone else encountered this error. Corruption is the worst possible scenario here so I'm hoping it's not.
Also, one final note, sometimes Smoke will see the clip, sometime it gives just a checkerboard, as if it's fluctuating.

Thank you immensely for any help anyone can provide, even if it's just reaffirming the worst.
Josh

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
Re: Render and Connection Issues
on Nov 6, 2012 at 9:47:12 am

Hi Josh,

I would post this query on the Autodesk AREA Smoke2013 forum as the technicians are there and they will help you diagnose the problem.

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

Josh Spivack
on Nov 6, 2012 at 6:33:13 pm

Grant,

Thank you for your reply. We are actually using Smoke 2012, SA2 SP3. Should I still place it on the 2013 forum here at Creative Cow? Do you have any clues as to what is happening with this error?

Thanks again,

Josh

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
on Nov 7, 2012 at 12:50:53 pm

Hi,

There is a general Smoke Forum there as well where you can post the issue for Smoke 2012. I believe this is a technical issue hence the reason for letting our tech team help you out.

Regards
Grant

Check out the Smoke Learning Channel

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos
or search for the Smoke Learning Channel on iTunes
Follow me on twitter @discreetuk

Return to posts index

Josh Spivack
on Nov 7, 2012 at 6:38:22 pm

Thanks Grant. Posted there. For the record I appreciate all of your help being the Ambassador to Smoke. Like a lot I've used your tutorials. Amazing how far you go from knowing just Avid/FCP to a few months with this software. Looking forward to 2013...whenever that comes out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]