FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pulldown / Down Convert workflow

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Barton
Pulldown / Down Convert workflow
on Aug 23, 2012 at 9:34:05 pm

Hey everyone,

So I've conformed my spots in 1080 23.98p and I'm going to have to deliver them both 1080 2997i and NTSC 2997i masters, but first I have a couple of questions.

First off, before I make the final 2997i masters, I'm going to have clients in the room double checking the picture and the slates for both the HD and SD versions. I know I'm going to need different informations on the slates between the HD and SD versions, but at the same time, I need to able to update my conform in both on the likely chance they have last minute corrections. What would be the best workflow for a situation like this?

Then secondly, I've done a couple of tests resizing, adding pulldown, and exporting, but I've found that during all of these processes Smoke decides to ignore my In/Out points. How can I fix this, so that Smoke only exports the region I have selected?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Pulldown / Down Convert workflow
on Aug 24, 2012 at 1:30:43 am

I usually add a Bars/slate/black sequence clip and drop it in the beginning of the edit. Slates are soft text over background. Copy and revise.

Reformatting tools will always use the entire clip. You will have to make a sub clip of your edit to export just a range.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]