FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke on SAN?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Jahns
Smoke on SAN?
on Jun 12, 2012 at 2:29:06 pm

We currently have 12 edit workstations, running Avid/FCP/CS, all connected via gig-E and project sharing similar to Avid Unity - one media space per project. All 12 systems can connect, read/write/render to the same space without duplicate media.

And we have one Smoke 2012 as a finish system - connected to the SAN for access to source media, but the AutodeskMedia storage is local on a RAID.

I know the 2013 beta will be limited in its' ability to project share, but can someone explain how multiple Smoke systems currently work in a multi-user SAN environment? How is media sharing & project sharing handled in 2012? I know you can copy projects and media through the gateway, which is fine for transferring, but not as efficient as true sharing.

I know of one place with multiple Autodesk systems, but they're not configured as a SAN - they have a 10G network between their 7 Flames, each with a local RAID, so they have fast access to each other's data, but it's not a centralized storage.

Just trying to figure out if/how we can have multiple systems of Smoke in our shop if the editors like it as an edit tool...

David Jahns
---
Joint Editorial
Portland, OR

Return to posts index

Dustin Zimmerman
Re: Smoke on SAN?
on Jun 14, 2012 at 5:27:07 pm

This would be great to know!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved