FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Pan and Zoom etc. with the Final Cut Pro Hotkey Scheme?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Bowser
How to Pan and Zoom etc. with the Final Cut Pro Hotkey Scheme?
on May 22, 2012 at 10:39:28 pm

I'm coming from Final Cut Pro, and so set my scheme to be the FCP Hotkeys, but as I'm working, I can't seem to figure out how to do things that involve the Spacebar like panning and zooming, or deleting nodes in Action. Spacebar is just the PLAY button.

I downloaded the Smoke FCP Hotkey reference, but it mainly only lists hotkeys for the editing functions.

Is there someone where I can find out where the FCP Hotkey scheme equivalents are for the rest of the Smoke functions?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ken LaRue
Re: How to Pan and Zoom etc. with the Final Cut Pro Hotkey Scheme?
on May 23, 2012 at 1:06:56 am

Hi Dustin,

You are correct, when using the FCP7 hot keys the main hot keys or short cuts that are remapped are all for the editing. So here is a trick for you to zoom and pan in a player, such as in the Axis tool or in Action, first hold down the control key then press down the space bar and you will be able to zoom in and out with the curser and when you want to pan with the curser release the control key while still holding the space bar and you will be able to pan. You can also use the pan button on the right side of the UI. Enable it and you can pan all you want and of course for zooming there are the - & + buttons plus the zoom percentage field you can scrub to zoom in and out. Now with that said in the 2013 release on Mac there is a lot of effort going into fixing the FCP short cuts so they are not just mapped to the editing function.

Ken LaRue
Autodesk Smoke Technical Marketing Manager

Return to posts index

Ken LaRue
on May 23, 2012 at 1:17:21 am

Dustin,

One more thing, you can go into the Hot Key editor an change the hot keys to what you want. Press "Control - Shift - F8" to open the hot key editor. Search for Pan and change it to what you want.

Ken LaRue

Return to posts index

Frederic Warren
on May 23, 2012 at 1:45:01 am

Make that CTR-ALT-F8 to open the hotkey editor

fred

Frédéric Warren

Flame / Smoke Senior User Experience Designer
Autodesk Media & Entertainment

Return to posts index

Ken LaRue
on May 23, 2012 at 1:46:42 am

Fred, thanks for the correction. I was just testing you and you passed :-)

Ken LaRue

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]