FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wire removal tutorial

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corinna Canek
Wire removal tutorial
on May 8, 2012 at 11:12:56 am

Hi,

I know there's a tutorial somewhere out there, where they removed the leash of a monkey. But I can't find it anymore.... does anyone know where to find it?
I'm looking for the best way to retouch a moving hand where I have to remove a ring.

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Wire removal tutorial
on May 8, 2012 at 11:55:57 am

That is an FXPHD tutorial. It's from an older Flame class.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Corinna Canek
on May 8, 2012 at 12:08:56 pm

Which tool was used?

Return to posts index

robert coulin
on May 8, 2012 at 12:34:28 pm

hi,

depending on the width of the ring, i would try pixelSpread -
not sure, but i guess there is no tutorial yet ...

robert

robert coulin
http://www.dreamwalks.com

Return to posts index

Corinna Canek
on May 8, 2012 at 1:08:49 pm

How would it work with pixelspread?

Return to posts index

robert coulin
on May 9, 2012 at 7:32:03 am

key the ring
feed front(src clip)& matte into a pixelspread node
play a bit with the params (probably expand > interpolate or stretch)
see the ring disappear ;-))

theres a tutorial http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/discreetuk/flame_fx_pixel_spread - not exactly the same task, but still you get the procedures

robert

robert coulin
http://www.dreamwalks.com

Return to posts index

Tom Tortoriello
on May 9, 2012 at 3:03:09 pm

I usually use the method Robert suggested, but IF I can't pull a good key, I'll use a garbage mask to "select" (surround) the item i'm trying to remove (wire, leash, ring, rig, etc.) and track the garbage mask (or move it manually over time IF I can't get a good track), and then use the FRONT Axis to move the image within the garbage mask to "remove" the offending item (once again wire, leash, ring, etc.). The process IS very scene dependent (shape, color, motion blur, etc.), so the process is a bit different every time. Then I usually process that (Action in Batch on the timeline on Linux, or straight Action if SMAC) and I use the Paint module to touch up the scene IF NEEDED. I try to do as little painting as possible to avoid the fluttering that can happen frame to frame from paint strokes.
It has been my experience that "instant gratification" processes (Sparks, blurs, etc.) seem to work well in specific situations (or on a trade show floor during a demo), but don't cut the mustard in reality, but that's just my opinion.
One last thought is the fact that bluring the edges of the Key (or garbage mask) by using Key blur, the MASK OFFSET, and/or X/Y blur (box or gaussian) in the MEDIA menu in action will help blend it (your patch) in with the background. The amount is also scene dependent. Good luck! -TomT

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]