FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Export OMF

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Corey
Can't Export OMF
on Apr 25, 2012 at 3:00:16 pm

I have a sequence that is 1280x720, 59.94, mix of hard and soft pro rez imports. I've consolidated the Audio and Video with 60 frame handles, when I try to export an omf I get an error that reads "Smoke can only export 29.97 and 25fps omf". I tried converting the the sequence to 29.97 (from the consolidated versioin) and get the following error "Smoke can not export omf with sub frame audio". Any suggestions?

Adam Corey
DC Collective
Design - Edit - Create
http://www.dccollective.tv

Return to posts index

Hans von Sonntag
Re: Can't Export OMF
on Apr 26, 2012 at 8:17:46 am

In the risk of telling you old stuff:

Sub frame audio means that the audio's midget's parts are milli seconds and not frames. I guess that happened when you converted your 59.94 TL to 29.97. This makes sense because Smokes wants to maintain the edits that in 59.94 have been done twines as accurate than in 29.97. Hence milliseconds and not frames. Milliseconds, however, don't seem to fit into the OMF standard.

I can imagine that exporting the audio files and an EDL might be a viable workaround, or you wade through the manual and find a way to bring audio back to frames.

I've don many 25fps OMFs and it worked always as expected, never been in millisecond mode though.

Hans

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]