FORUMS: list search recent posts

I really want to stay in the app but...

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gustavo Bermudas
I really want to stay in the app but...
on Apr 18, 2012 at 7:29:07 am

I really want stay in the app and don't go anywhere but...no Lustre, I don't know if that was an oversight or simply not ready for Mac yet, or left for later versions, but I think it was the logical step if they want to capture a wider user base and make a home run out of it.

At this point I'll have to round trip to Resolve for color correction, the color warper just doesn't cut it against Resolve, which was always considered the equal adversary of Lustre, and now is free, on top of that there is the whole video card incompatibility issue.

To me it makes more sense to have a solid color correction solution within Smoke than in Flame.

Hopefully someone from Autodesk can get this message and reconsider.

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: I really want to stay in the app but...
on Apr 18, 2012 at 2:57:19 pm

Autodesk is reserving Lustre for Flame Advanced, which bundles Flame, Smoke and Lustre. I don't think they are yet ready to offer Lustre's toolset for the low price of Smoke 2013.

Return to posts index

dermot shane
on Apr 18, 2012 at 3:20:52 pm

Protecting their access to fluster owners wallets seems more important eh?

look at;

MC + DF + Baselight
PP + AE + SpeedGrade
DS + DF

yea... AD missed the boat, and maybe missed the whole harbor.. AD is seeming sinking into arrogance, and the tool are just not ahead of anyone's curve anymore

Bring back the code for Cybor2k, and sink smack... in an alternate reality that actualy makes some sense ;-)

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Apr 18, 2012 at 4:18:21 pm

Autodesk just can't help themselves. They were dragged, kicking and screaming onto the Mac paltform. No batch, of coarse. Gotta reserve this for more expensive apps. At $15k not many were interested.
Autodesk couldn't ask for better timing. FCP is dead, FCPX... really? Premiere not up to speed, yet, Avid not bad, but round tripping and AMA implementation is pretty poor still. Great opportunity to get Autodesk into the finishing and editing, one-app-does-it-all market, right? God knows, they have the technology...
Now comes $3500 app with Batch. Of coarse, no 3D tracker, no real color grading. Another waisted opportunity, another half step. How about stop this marketing nonsense, get your head out of sand and realize, that world is changing faster, that your antiquated marketing machine?

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Apr 18, 2012 at 5:51:46 pm

If they where to put edit* editing into smokey I am sure it would kill everything else.

RC

Return to posts index

Dennis Kutchera
on Apr 22, 2012 at 1:02:24 am

It seems to me I saw a 3D tracker in the new Smoke for Mac demos at NAB. Mind you, I saw so many demos that I reserve the right to be wrong.

Dennis

Dennis Kutchera
EggStudios.ca

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Apr 20, 2012 at 6:34:47 pm

Sorry, I meant Flame Premium.

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Apr 18, 2012 at 5:57:05 pm

If they where to do that they would probobly eol smoke in less than a year becuse sales in the higherend will go down. Remember edit* +combustion? it was toxic to smoke so you know what happened.

RC

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Apr 26, 2012 at 6:44:35 am

There's a great 3D tracker in Smoke 2013. The NAB demo of this looks amazing.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]