FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving and Reopening a modular keyer setup with clips?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Boampong
Saving and Reopening a modular keyer setup with clips?
on Apr 7, 2012 at 9:28:24 pm

Where do I save a modular keyer setup and reload it later with it's accompanying clips? First of all I can't seem to reenter the MK by clicking on it and the S button after I have exited it. I just get a message 'no previous input for same option' and I have to select the clips again. I am trying to use the MK like Batch the way Stuart Holloway did in his recent webinar. Does it mean once you are in the MK you have to finish what you are doing and exit once and for all?

And if I have connected a Colour correct node to a clip in the MK and I select Result (4) I see nothing. F4 shows the result of the node but 4 shows nothing

If action setups can be save and reloaded. Why not mK setups?

Regards
Dave

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Saving and Reopening a modular keyer setup with clips?
on Apr 8, 2012 at 3:08:00 pm

F4 is always result. 4 doesn't do anything. Saving setups should be the same. Not sure why the "S" option isn't working, unless you are completely not using any of the same clips.

However, once you are in MK, can you reload a saved setup? Does that work?

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Dave Boampong
on Apr 8, 2012 at 4:36:07 pm

It seems if I load the same clips into the MK and Load an MK setup I saved earlier it loads the saved set up fine. But I cannot the enter the MK with the 'none' option like in action.

Also I created a custom node of the setup in the project bin by dragging the whole tree including clips into the project bin. When I drag it onto the schematic view there are mux nodes or black frames in place of the front, back and fill sources. In part one of Stuart Holloway's tutorial he brought a custom node of a setup he'd made earlier into the schematic view and all his source clips where there. how did he do it?

Return to posts index

mark doney
on Apr 12, 2012 at 10:26:33 am

The clips have to be on the desktop for this to work. Otherwise you get the black frame mentioned. Also, I have no problem loading the mk setup with different clips loaded.

Smoke on Mac SAP SP1
http://www.postmanvfx.com

Return to posts index

Dave Boampong
on Apr 12, 2012 at 4:11:26 pm

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]